Fractional Marketing Director and Interim Marketing for B2B Businesses and Professional Service firms
I work with professional service firms and B2B businesses as a Fractional Marketing Director. If you are looking for a senior-level marketer to renew your business’s marketing focus, work with your executive management team and manage day-to-day operations within your firm then I can help.
The experience to lead your marketing
I have over 17 years’ of experience in professional services and B2B marketing and am a Chartered Marketer with FCIM status with the Chartered Institute of Marketing. This means you can have peace of mind that you are working with someone who is fully qualified and driven to be the best at what they do.
My experience ranges from working in the corporate world for magic and silver circle law firms, top 10 accountancy firms to large multi-matrixed consultancy firms. Since starting my marketing consultancy over 7 years ago I have worked for over 40 clients across a range of B2B sectors
I would usually have full accountability for the marketing function and building the team, directly report to the managing partner or CEO and focus on on-going capability as the organisation grows and develops.
My clients come to me as either a CEO, Managing Partner or Marketing Director/Head of Marketing for advice and support on some of their biggest marketing challenges.
Each client and their needs are different. I am often asked to come in and write marketing strategies and plans, review or audit their marketing activity as well as consult or work with them or their teams as a fractional marketing director.
Take a look below at how I can support you and don’t forget I offer a free 30-min discovery call to new clients to understand what they need and see where I can help (please note I do not give advice in these calls).
- You have access to a highly experienced marketer that can help drive your business or key projects forward.
- Fractional CMO’s are agile and are used to coming into a client’s business and hitting the ground running.
- You’ll have a dedicated resource focused on your marketing with the sole mission to hit the goals and objectives you have set out.
- You’ll have an independent, objective voice in your marketing team and executive team that can view your challenges and marketing goals with a fresh pair of eyes and ears.
- Working with a Fractional Marketing Director is fully flexible, designed around what the business needs in terms of days and time. It is a more cost-efficient way than recruiting full time and with all the overheads that this entails.
- Senior-level support on marketing strategy and planning for your business.
- Working with the leadership team, managing partners or heads of marketing to advise and guide on business decisions with a marketing hat on.
- Recruiting and setting up a marketing team.
- Managing and mentoring the marketing team.
- Implementing and putting in place marketing and business development processes.
- Heading up the project management of large marketing initiatives such as rebrands or brand refreshes.
- Creating marketing and business development service, sector and office plans.
- Social media marketing strategy.
- Content marketing strategy.
- Thought leadership and campaign development.
When working as a Fractional Marketing Director I tend to work with clients between 1-2 days a week on a minimum assignment of 3 months plus.
As a Fractional CMO I will work with you on a part-time basis as as part of your leadership team. The level of involvement for a Fractional CMO is much higher than that of a Marketing Consultant.
A Fractional CMO will run your marketing team on a day to day basis – similarly to that of a in-house marketing director – but without the associated costs such as NI, Tax and Pension. It can be a cost-efficient way to bring senior level marketing expertise into your business.
Sometimes clients don’t need a Fractional CMO but will bring me in to work on an interim basis or a project basis. If you are looking for senior level marketing expertise for a specific project or business challenge then I can be engaged in this way.
Case Study Highlight
I was brought on to help write a structured marketing plan for the firm and have been working as their Marketing Director on a retainer basis for three years until they recruited an in-house resource full-time. Find out more about how I helped them.
For more information on any of my services, get in touch and let’s talk.